Leading, training and bringing out the best in people through motivation is my passion. Being a makeup artist, stylist and art directing on shoots are my favorite hobbies and it's also a venue where I could enhance my creativity. Sales, marketing, and events are my specialty. I enjoy learning and believes that in order to improve one's self growth is paramount. I already achieved my Masters Degree in Business Administration and my fulfillment would be to attain a PhD degree and become a successful entrepreneur while touching people's lives one individual at a time.

January 21, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard

There's a saying "it takes a week to form a habit but a month or years to break it". When you become accustom to having something or doing something, it becomes routine and breaking out of this routine if not difficult, takes a lot of determination and discipline.

Brain researchers say that habits help us through the day, eliminating the need to strategize  about each tiny step involved in complex routines. Bad habits though, can have a vise grip on both mind and behavior. Notoriously hard to break and they are devilishly easy to resume.

Since I entered graduate school I told myself in the view of the fact that it has been my life's goal to attain MBA degree, I will definitely be serious about it, also because the money that compensates my tuition fee is from the trust fund that my daddy left for me.

I gave up my job of five years (which mind you, was a job that I actually enjoyed) however, there was a conflict between work and school schedule so I had to give up my work. Apparently, upon having all my time centered on my studies,  there were still subjects that    I failed to get if not good but passing grades. 

So, it made me think, what have I been doing wrong? until such time that for the first time  in my 4 terms I've gotten a failed grade in midterms in one of my subjects and then it suddenly dawned on me, my study habits are unacceptable. I was just too complacent and don't give much effort on the subjects that do not interest me.

It takes a lot of self assessment to realize the bad habits / routines that are  not value adding to one's growth. One will  not realize the consequence of such bad habits until failure punches  you right on the face - the cause and effect theory.

Failure is a starting point to greatness - Daniel Guinigundo

I am tired of the discomfort that old habits brings, what makes me feel more miserable is the fact that I have no one in this planet to point my finger at but myself. In other words, I brought this upon myself, which is so depressing Its like I am not in control of my own consciousness.

Habits they say starts in a pattern of behavior and although it means I have to break such patterns in order to achieve what I believe is the inevitable, I am determined to face the challenge head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment