Leading, training and bringing out the best in people through motivation is my passion. Being a makeup artist, stylist and art directing on shoots are my favorite hobbies and it's also a venue where I could enhance my creativity. Sales, marketing, and events are my specialty. I enjoy learning and believes that in order to improve one's self growth is paramount. I already achieved my Masters Degree in Business Administration and my fulfillment would be to attain a PhD degree and become a successful entrepreneur while touching people's lives one individual at a time.

September 16, 2012

Unexpected Bump


Have you ever been rushed to the hospital emergency room twice in one day, thrice in a week?... I have. Last Saturday, September 15, 2012, I was rushed to Makati Medical Hospital Emergency Room due to allergy attack. I had Urticaria or hives all over my body particularly on my face, neck, ears, scalp, arms and I had difficulty breathing because of throat itchiness.

A week ago, first time I had the attack and first time at the emergency room, Dr. Vince Moderes (a great friend of my cousin Dr. Alex Florentino) was the attending physician who looked after me. He gave me steriods (allergy-block) shots to reduce the flaring-up of hives. Dr. Moderes prescribed three types of pills that I should take to block or control the wheals on my body and was also advised to take a skin-allergy test conducted by an Allergologist to determine what is causing the reaction.

Apparently, a week after being rushed to the ER my condition was not changing at all it seems that the hives just keeps coming back each time the meds wears-off.

Two days ago, (September 15, 2012) the day I was scheduled to take the skin-allergy test I did not take allergy meds the night before and that morning so that the test result will be accurate. Around 7:00 in the morning of Saturday, together with my sister-in-law (Lilac) we went to the Allergologist's clinic at Makati Medical Center to enlist for the skin-test and consultation. When I got to the clinic, Lilac told me that the hives are starting to flare-up again on my face, neck and my left ear is starting to swell.

After enlisting, Lilac advised the doctor's secretary that she has to take me first to the emergency room and have a shot of anti-histamine to stop the swelling. When I got there, I phoned Dr. Vince Moderes (ER Resident of Makati Medical Center) and advised him of my condition. He kindly endorsed me to his batch mate, Dr. Baya Berroya who is so accommodating and pleasant as she attended to me right away.

30 minutes after staying in the emergency room, I informed Dr. Berroya that I had to go back to the Allergologist's clinic. When I arrived at the clinic, my Allergologist - Dr. Maria Patricia G. Santos - Abes was so kind and gentle to me while she gave me a full body check-up after which she conducted the skin-allergy test wherein the result was I am primarily allergic to cats and dust mites. Before leaving her clinic, I was asked to come back on Monday for a follow-up check up so she'll know if the meds she just prescribed me is will stop the allergy because if not, she said I would have to be confined.

To be certain that she has considered all factors that could have contributed to the recurrence of Urticaria, she asked me to take the following tests: CBC, Urinalysis, KOH, and Stool which I took at Makati Medical Center. I didn't have to wait long for my turn because of the effective and efficient queuing of out-patients for lab tests.

On the afternoon  when I arrived home after I got back from Dr. Abes's clinic, the hives manifestation all over my body  got WORST (I forgot that we have a cat at home). Worst because my face was so swollen that I could no longer recognize myself in the mirror.

That night, Lilac my sister-in-law accompanied me again to Makati Medical Center's Emergency Room. As always, the ever-reliant Dr. Vince Moderes accommodatingly endorsed me to his batch mate Dr. Mayvel Abiog. While I was in the consultation room with her and my sister-in-law, Dr. Berroya walked in and said with a smile; "Oh, you again". I smiled back at her and replied. "Oo nga doc eh. Suki na ako ng ER" and we all laughed. Dr. Baya suggested to me that there could be something that is causing the recurrence of hives. After the consultation with Dr. Abiog, she gave me 3 shots of medicine the same shots that was given to me by Dr. Vince Moderes all of which are effective because in less than 30 minutes, hives on my body disappeared.

After having experienced and gone through such difficulty, it made me realize that there are still good, kind-hearted people who will touch your life in a special way. It is indeed true that there angels sent by God to be a blessing to each individual. They are the ones who makes a difference in these world because of their unconditional compassion and kindness. I am deeply humbled by this unexpected event in my life. God has truly remained faithful to me for he touches my life through the lives of others so I give Him back all the glory and Honor.

My deepest gratitude to the following..

Thank you to my sister-in-law, Lilac who was beside me through and through, she comforted me and held my hand each time a needle is pierced on my skin. Thank you for being with me at the time I needed someone the most.

To all the doctors and nurses of Makati Medical Center Emergency Room: Dr. Vince Moderes, Dr. Baya Berroya, Dr. Mayvel Abiog, my Allergologist Dr. Maria Patricia G. Santos - Abes and nurse Jason my hats off to all of you. God bless you more and more for the outstanding service with care that you render.

To my great friends; Dr. Peter San Diego (Cardiologist) who never cease to answer all my queries, Naj Cabaniero, Chris Manuel, Mark Lee, Divya Ramchandani and Lesley Yu for the never-ending morale support.

All of you are my ANGELS here on earth. I praise God for your lives

And to my Lord and Savior, Lord Jesus Christ thank you for your faithfulness, healing, unconditional provisions and unceasing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment